Step 1: Certification by the Embassy of Viet Nam of your signature in Criminal Records Form and true copy of your passport:
Attention: You have to choose to apply Criminal Records Certificate No. 1 (not mentioning convictions which was deleted) or Criminal Records Certificates No. 2 (mentioning convictions which was deleted). You have to check with Australian authority to decide which Certificate you need.
- Carefully fill in the Vietnamese form for Criminal Records Certificate, click here (English version click here for your reference). Mark on Certificate No.1 or No.2 checkbox (page 2) which you want to apply for.
- If you want to authorise someone in Viet Nam to submit and get the Criminal Record Certificate No.1 for you, please carefully fill in Vietnamese authorisation form for Criminal Records Certificate No. 1, click here (English version click here for your reference)
- In case of apply for the Criminal Record Certificate No.2, you can NOT authorise anyone, but to do it yourself (submission in person at the Vietnamese NCCR or by international post).
Only the fully-filled Vietnamese form is accepted; the English form for reference only.
* Please send to our Embassy:
- Fully-filled Vietnamese form for Criminal Records Certificate (No.1 or No.2)
- A certified copy of your passport (including front page and the pages showing Vietnamese visa and Vietnamese border stamps).
- A returned pre-paid self-addressed envelop (registered or express).
- Fee in AUD (in money order or bank cheque payable to "the Embassy of Viet nam"). Please contact the Embassy.
Office address: 6 Timbarra Crescent, O'Malley ACT 2606, Australia
Postal Address: PO BOX 98, Mawson ACT 2607, Australia.
Step 2: Submission of paper work as required to the Vietnamese competent authority in Viet Nam (Department of Justice of the Province/cities where you resided; or the Hanoi-based National Center for Criminal Records- NCCR) by post or in person to get the Criminal Records Certificate.
Please see the instructions here: Instruction to get Vietnamese Criminal Records Certificate.doc;
Or read further on the Website of Ministry of Justice (information regarding the Form, Postal Service):