Attention: when calling us, please remind us your trip is for business/official/diplomatic purpose. If failing to do so, we automatically understand you apply for holiday/tourist visa.
1. Business visa
Step 1: Inform your business partner/sponsor the following details
- Full name;
- Date and place of birth;
- Nationality (previous and present);
- Passport number and type, dates of issue and expiry of the passport;
- Proposed dates of entry into and exit from Viet Nam;
- Type of visa requires (single/double/multiple);
- The Vietnamese mission from where the applicant would collect the visa.
Step 2: The Vietnamese sponsor/business partner in Viet Nam has to prepare documents and apply visa for you at the Vietnamese Immigration in Viet Nam (it takes at least 5 working days or more since the date of submission of all required documents).
Step 3: After receiving Vietnamese Immigration’s Approval Letter from your Vietnamese sponsor/business partner, please send by post or in person to us:
- A fully filled application form - download here (the same form of Tourist Visa) with passport-size photo affixed to the Form.
- A valid and original passport;
- A return self-addressed prepaid envelope for the applicant if applying by post;
- A copy of the Approval Letter of Vietnamese immigration;
- Visa fee in AUD: Please call us for details.
If the purpose of your trip is commercial one (taking part in conference or trade fair, meeting with business partner, ect., if you submit the invitation letter by your business partner in Viet Nam or your Australia-based company's covering letter, you can skip the Step 2 (i.e you do not need approval letter for the Vietnamese immigration).
2. Official/Diplomatic visa:
Step 1: Inform your Embassy/Consulate/Internationally recognized organization (e.i. WHO, ADB, IMF, WB, UN agencies, etc.) based in Viet Nam of your following details:
- Passport details (Full name;Date and place of birth; Nationality, Passport number and type, dates of issue and expiry of the passport);
- Proposed dates of entry into and exit from Vietnam;
- Type of visa requires and number of entry (single/multiple);
- The Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate from where the applicant would collect the visa.
Step 2: Your Embassy/Consulate/Internationally recognized organization in Viet Nam in Viet Nam have to prepare documents and apply visa for you at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Viet Nam (it takes at least 5 working days or more since the date of submission of all required documents).
Step 3: After receiving Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ approval letter from your Embassy/Consulate/Internationally recognized organization based in Viet Nam, please send by post or apply in person:
- A fully filled application form- download here (the same form of Tourist Visa) with passport-size photo affixed to the Form.
- A valid and original passport;
- A return self-addressed prepaid envelope for the applicant if applying by post.
- A copy of the approval letter (or taking note of reference number of this letter) issued by the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs or its reference approval number.
- Visa fee in AUD by cash, Money Order, Bank Cheque or Company Cheque (Personal Cheque is accepted but not encouraged): Please call us for details.
- Please see requirement of passport validity and other necessary requirements in the “Tourist Visa”.
- It normally takes two working days to process a business visa since the date of receipt of the completed application form with required documents and the approval letter from the Department of Immigration (Ministry of Public Security).
* For further information, please contact:
Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in Australia
Office address: 6 Timbarra Crescent, O'Malley ACT 2606, Australia
Postal Address: PO BOX 98, Mawson ACT 2607, Australia.
Phone: (02) 6286 6059 (EXT: 101/102).
Direct Line: (02) 6286 5660 or (02) 6286 8465
Fax: (02) 6286 4534
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.vietnamembassy.org.au
Working hours: 9.15 AM to 5.00 PM (no lunch time) from Monday to Friday, except Australian public holidays, and Vietnamese public holidays as informed from time to time on our Website.