A. APPLYING BY POST (postal address: PO BOX 98, Mawson ACT 2607):
Firstly, you can apply visa within 6 months in advance, before your trip to Viet Nam.
Secondly, check our website whether your passport is exempted from Vietnamese visa; If not, download the application form from the website.
Thirdly, prepare and send the following documents by regular/express post to: the Embassy of Viet Nam (address 6 Timbarra Crescent, O'Malley ACT 2606).
1.1. ORIGINAL PASSPORT which must have at least one-month validity after the expiry of the visa and at least one blank page left.
- A passport with one-month validity after the expiry of the visa is acceptable for the Vietnamese immigration to enter Viet Nam. However, almost airlines require a passport with six-month validity. So please contact your airlines before applying for our visa.
- If you hold a travel document other than passport, please contact the Embassy to confirm its validity to enter Viet Nam.
- Take note of your passport number and other passport details in order to check your visa status in case of need.
1.2. One completed APPLICATION FORM (download here) with one passport-size photo affixed on the Form.
- Please fill in the form eligibly and accurately to avoid misinterpretation and to facilitate the visa processing. You will be responsible for the accuracy of your information in the Application Form.
- Full name: as stated in your passport.
- The photo fixed in the form can be the same of your photo in your passport, or any photo taken within 01 year.
- Date of entry into and date of exit of Viet Nam: must be clearly clarified (the visa will be valid from the date of arrival you put on the Application Form).
+ Visas has two caterogies: 01-month and 03-months visa (except the USA passport, the minimum visa is 01-year multiple entries as agreed by the Vietnamese and the USA governments).
+ In case you apply for a multiple entries visa, you must write down the date of first entry and the date of last exit (for example: your first trip is from 01st March to 5th March, you exit Viet Nam and enter Viet Nam again from 15th March to 25th March, you can write down the entry date is 01st March and the exit date is 25th March, and choose multiple entries.
- Number of entries:
+ "Single entry" means you enter and exit Viet Nam only one time through international border checking points (international sea ports, international land border gates and 3 international airports namely Noi Bai international airport in Hanoi, Tan Son Nhat international airport in Ho Chi Minh city and Da Nang international airport in Da Nang city), exit Viet Nam without coming back.
+ "Multiple entries" means you can enter and exit Viet Nam unlimited times within the validity of the visa.
- Address to stay in Viet Nam: Shall be mentioned if any. In case you has some places to stay, you can mention all these addresses or one address you have longest stay. If you has not made hotel booking yet, please leave it blank.
- The Application Form of children under 12 years of age can be signed by their parents.
1.3. A return self-addressed prepaid ENVELOPE.
- The Registered Post (normally takes 2-6 business days) or Express Post (normally takes the next business day) is highly recommended. Please see the delivery times of the parcels here: http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/domestic-parcels.html?ilink=mm-domestic-parcels-1
- In the return envelope, write carefully your address, your mobile number in the receiver’s details as well as our address in the senders’ details. Wrong address may lead to long delay or loss of your envelop.
- Carefully keep your tracking numbers of both sending and return envelops in order to track your envelops at the http://auspost.com.au/track/track.html as well as your passport number (to check your visa status at the Embassy in case of need).
All envelops will be sent to: PO BOX 98, Mawson ACT 2607.
1.4. VISA FEE:
- Visa fee in AUD must be paid in cash, or by money order,r bank cheque or company check (Personal Cheque is accepted but not encouraged), payable to "the Embassy of Viet Nam" in Australian dollars only.
If two or more persons apply together, you can use one sending envelope and one return envelope, and pay together in one method of payment.
- Visa fees are various and depend on the length of stay and visa types, purpose of the trip, etc. Please contact us for further information through phone numbers: 02.6286 8465 or 02.6286 5660 (Direct Line) Or 02.6286 6059 (EXT: 101/ 102) from 9.15 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday (except Australian public holidays, and Vietnamese public holidays as informed from time to time on our Website).
- For passport holders of the countries namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Congo, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Lybia, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sierra Leon, Sri Lanka, Syria, Sudan, Turkey and Yemen, please provide:
+ Original Passport, visa form with 01 photo attached; and
+ Copy of valid Australian visa, hotel bookings in Viet Nam and two-way flight booking details; and
+ Return self-addressed registered/express envelop and fee in AUD (cash, Bank Cheque, or Money Order).
When contacting the Embassy, please mention your nationality in order to get our correct instructions.
- Visa application for children must follow the same procedures if the children hold their own passports.
- Before sending your application, please take note of your passport number, the tracking numbers of your sending and returning envelops to check visa status with the Embassy in case of need.
2. Processing time:
- NORMAL PROCESSING TAKES 03 DAYS at the Embassy since the receipt of all required documents, excluding the post office’s delivery (every day at around 5 pm, envelops are handed over to a postman at our office).
- EXPRESS SERVICES WITHIN THE SAME DAY is available and incurs extra cost. If you need Express Service, please contact the Embassy through phone numbers: 02.6286 8465 or 02.6286 5660 (Direct Line) Or 02.6286 6059 (EXT: 101/ 102) from 9.15 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday (except Australian public holidays and Vietnamese public holidays as informed from time to time on our Website).
3. Check your visa status:
- Firstly, tracking both your sending and return envelops at the http://auspost.com.au/track/track.html
(In case your envelope has not been delivered at our Embassy, please immediately contact the Australian Post).
- Second, if your envelop has already delivered at the Embassy but not yet sending to you, please call and provide us with your passport number to check your visa status.
4. Check your visa issued:
- Within 03 working days as you receive your passport back, you must check all the details on the visa (name, passport number, date of entry, date of exit, single or multiple entry, seal and signature of the visa officer) and call the Embassy if there is any any discrepancies or errors on the visa. Failing to do so within that period or If the errors are the consequences of the inaccuracy of the information you provided in the Application Form, the Embassy will not be responsible for them, and any additional costs that incur from remedy of the errors will be born solely by you.
- After the visa has been stamped on your passport, if you want to change the dates of arrival/ the types of visas, you need to pay extra fee. Please note that all payments are non-refundable, even if you want to cancel the visa which has already been issued.
B. APPLYING IN PERSON (Office: 6 Timbarra Crescent, O'Malley ACT 2606):
All documents and procedures are the same as applying by post, except that:
- Application form can be filled at the Embassy; visa fee shall be paid in cash.
- If two or more persons apply together, one person can submit documents and pay on behalf of others.
- Express Service within 01 hour, 3 hours or the same day are available.
- No appointment has to be made in advance.
* For further information, please contact:
Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in Australia
Office address: 6 Timbarra Crescent, O'Malley ACT 2606, Australia
Postal Address: PO BOX 98, Mawson ACT 2607, Australia.
Phone: (02) 6286 6059 (EXT: 101/102).
Direct Line: (02) 6286 5660 or (02) 6286 8465
Fax: (02) 6286 4534
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.vietnamembassy.org.au
Working hours: 9.15 AM to 5.00 PM (no lunch time) from Monday to Friday, except Australian public holidays, and Vietnamese public holidays as informed from time to time on our Website.